With 2015 coming to a close, I have been reflecting on all the albums that came out over the past year. This year’s music started off strong with some badass female rockers, and continued straight until the end with some old favourites coming out with new material, as well as some brand new acts showcasing their debut albums. I was fortunate enough to get to see a few of these acts live over the past year as well.
Here is my list of favourite albums from 2015, in the order they came out since they are all great in their own ways and I can never order anything from best to worst.
1. Sleater Kinney – No Cities To Love
2. Elle King – Love Stuff
3. Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp A Butterfly
4. Modest Mouse – Strangers To Ourselves
5. Courtney Barnett – Sometimes I Sit And Think And Sometimes I Just Sit
6. Blur – The Magic Whip
7. Tame Impala – Currents
8. Mac DeMarco – Another One
9. Foals – What Went Down
10. The Arcs – Yours, Dreamily